Thursday, May 15, 2008

Asst, please

I recently signed up with Team in Training, so that I can
  1. Raise money for a good cause
  2. Get actual coaching while training for the New York Marathon
  3. Have people to run with during long runs
I trained with TNT last year for the New York Half, and had a good time. I met a lot of good people, including Dawn and Luis (and probably lots of other people whose blogs I don't know about yet).

Recently I got the running schedules for May, and I'd just like to say that if I ever appear somewhere as an "assistant" something-or-other, I truly, deeply, and with all my heart, hope that they abbreviate it "asst."

All I'm saying is that it would be very easy for someone to misinterpret the title "Ass. Coach".

Although it would make for a really great business card.



Edit: I just realized that the other type of coach on the schedule is "Head Coach." There are also some other parts listed, but I can't make heads or tails of them.

4 comments:

The Laminator said...

Good luck in your training. Hope you rock at NYCM!

TNT Jim said...

I saw that too, I'm sure they gave Michael some flack about that.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on joining Team in Training. NYC is a fantastic chapter with amazing coaches and office support staff.

Reluctant Runner said...

... Ass Coach might also make a good (Seinfeldian) licence plate. By the way, HMM, I "tagged" you on my blog. To take a look to see if you'd like to participate. Best of luck in your training!